A Collision trap
can occur to the rear of your vehicle. Many times you will
be crowded from behind risking being rear ended if you stop
or slow suddenly. Change lanes or gradually slow to let
the vehicle around.
Since you can't always avoid a
collision. Here are some tips to help you protect yourself
in a rear collision:
- Given room, accelerate or change
lanes in order to avoid or reduce the severity of the
- If you are at an intersection
and there isn't any traffic pull forward across the
- Before impact release the brake.
Be ready to apply your brake so you won't impact vehicle
in front of yours.
- Brace yourself pressing your
head against the backrest and gripping the steering
- Honk your horn and/or Flash
your brake lights to alert other drivers.