Tips for Pedestrians
- If you have a green light, the
light may also green for them, so be especially careful
when turning across crosswalks.
- Some crosswalks, especially
in residential areas, are not marked.
- Always cross at intersections.
Look left, then right, then left again before proceeding.
- Pedestrians using guide dogs
or white canes must be given the right-of-way at all
times. These pedestrians are partially or totally blind.
- Look for traffic when stepping
off a bus or from behind parked cars.
- When you are a passenger, get
in or out of a car on the curb side of the street when
- Make eye contact with drivers
before you cross the street.